school of the undefeated of the east
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Cyanide Latte
Cyanide Latte

Character connection brainstorming Empty Character connection brainstorming

Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:53 am
Figured I'd go ahead and kick this off, if only because I can make a placeholder message while I'm on my phone?

Basically though, I gather this is going to be a way to first list OC connections to canon characters, and then we'll throw out there the OC-OC connections we wanna have. That way we've got everything listed all nice in one place. That work for you guys?
dragonchilde
Admin
https://gundamfightsummit.forumotion.com

Character connection brainstorming Empty Re: Character connection brainstorming

Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:07 pm
All right, then I figure good starting points for oc-canon relations are:

- the next shuffle alliance and how those relationships pan out
- are there any other kids of canons?
WongsPockyStick
WongsPockyStick

Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:54 pm
Emmie Lincoln (later Emmie De Sand):

- Chibodee Crocket + The Gals: She has a pseudo brother/sister relationship with Chibodee, who pretty much adopted her into his crew family after first meeting her. She was introduced to him by the Gals (Shirley, Bunny, Janet and Cat) who she had ran into after getting lost in Neo Hong Kong and was glad to find someone who spoke English. Due to her uncle and cousin having business to attend to, Emmie was left to her own devices. Therefore she was adopted by Team Neo America.

-  George De Sand: She was introduced to George via Chibodee and long story short, Chibodee had to wake George up to Emmie's being interested in him. They took a while to hammer things out but fell in love quickly when they got there. Again, long story short, they end up dating/getting engaged and getting married. Having four children together.

- Aside from the above canon's, Emmie is probably also close with Allenby Beardsley and Domon Kasshu since I feel like Domon needs a willing ear post-series and I think with her being close to Chibodee, Domon could use someone who knows him pretty well and aside from that, I think with Emmie being patient and willing to be helpful, Domon could use a shoulder to lean on from time to time in general. Allenby and Emmie, I feel like hit it off post-series as well, Emmie being able to keep up with Allenby's energetic nature and I can see the girls being sister in arms. Also tossing in here: Emmie is also good friends with Marie Louise (who looks up to her like an older sister figure/maybe even a mother figure) and I can see Emmie being a pillow therapist for Rain on/off when Rain needs it.

The De Sand Brood:
Aside from their parents, here's where my thoughts lay with other canons...

Rowan -  Rowan, from the time she is able to sit up and pick up on conversations, she would try to weasel her way into the laps of the shuffle alliance. I can see her being pretty comfortable with uncle Domon or uncle Chibodee and then warming up to everyone else. Growing up tho, I can see her hanging onto uncle Domon's stories about Master Asia and the 13th Gundam fight, letting everything he tries to teach the kiddos sink in like an ear worm.

Marceau - since Marceau is going to end up being his sister's crew once she is old enough to pilot/fight, I can see Marc spending time around aunt Rain and learning how to be a good mechanic as well as a good medic for his sister. Also I feel like Marceau would hang around Dr. Kasshu and maybe even Kyoji to that extent.

Felix - eh...it's hard to place him really since I've stated in chat that George and Emmie switch up the parenting. So while the other two got more exposure, Felix and Eloise are more a mixed bag of exposure when it comes to being around the other shuffles. Though I do have to say, I feel like Felix might hang around the females more than the males when it comes to everyone being in the same room. Which now leads me to the image of Allenby taking Felix to an arcade or something and Felix knowing how to incorporate Dance Dance Revolution or something like that into a free style dance technique. I can see Felix coming out to Allenby and Chibodee in the future.

Eloise - Oh she is definitely Team Marie Louise 100%. But I can also see her having uncle Chibodee wrapped around her finger.

Herriette Samuels (later Herriette Higgins)

Herriette - Emmie's cousin. Still need to figure when she meets the shuffles and gets mixed up with this group but she and Bunny end up together/marrying later on. Herriette takes Bunny's last name and they have a son, Grant. Herriette is probably very close with other members of Chibodee's crew and I can see Herriette encouraging the shit out of Sai (because Herriette is a little shit herself). She and Rain talk shop of mechanics with Marceau hanging off their every word.

Grant - He is a year younger than his cousin Felix. Grant is probably in awe of all the shuffles but Argo and Chibodee are arguably very cool to him in their own right. I can definitely see him smiling toothily at anything gundam related. I don't think he'd get attached to anyone in particular but I can see him having an innocent crush on Shirley, Cat and Janet and asking his mom's if they can babysit him.
Cyanide Latte
Cyanide Latte

Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:27 pm
Nathanael's canon connections probably go as follows:

- Parents are Kyoji and Rain, and he absolutely loves both of them. Definitely would shank a bitch for his mom, and looks up to his dad wholeheartedly. He's very clingy when it comes to the both of them, no matter how much he may whine at times that they embarrass him, and they have a very comfortable relationship with Nath where he is very open and honest with them. He probably stays with them until sometime after he turns 21 and has already been a team mechanic in one tournament, and even after getting his own apartment, he still stays with his parents more often than most people realize. The apartment is actually located a little closer to where Grandpa Raizo is at that point in time, so Nathanael can check in on him a little easier.

- Speaking of Dr. Kasshu, that's a fairly important character connection as well! Raizo isn't all that great with showing affection, I don't think, and there is definitely a learning curve and adjustment period for him and Nathanael to grow accustomed to one another. Nath takes to his new grandfather pretty early on, and tends to show affection by pestering him, whereas Raizo seems detached and indifferent for a long time. Make no mistake though, Raizo also starts mentoring Nathanael on gundam mechanics and systems when Nath first starts showing an interest, and they gradually bond that way, though it still takes years before there are any signs of exchanged affection between them. TL;DR- just because you don't see him hug and kiss on his grandson as often as his grandson does him, Raizo Kasshu will lecture the ears off of anyone who speaks ill of Nath.

- Chibodee is easily the Favorite Uncle and Nath's probably enough of a shit that he perpetuates the idea that he's the Favorite Nephew for years just to see his cousins' reactions and one of the few people Nathanael probably clicks with the easiest. There's a lot of similarity in their past history, and he finds a lot of solidarity with Chibodee. Easily feels more comfortable talking out thoughts and feelings with him than with many other adults in his life.

- Gets on well with Uncle Domon almost from the start (given how great Domon tends to be with kids.) Will attest to everyone how cool his uncle is. Though he isn't as passionate or given to self-expression through fighting, Nathanael does take learning self-defense seriously, eats up Uncle Domon's stories, and will usually ask to train or spar with him when trying to work through complicated emotions he can't always find words for.

- Sai is probably the Second Favorite Uncle, given he's a lot closer in age to Nathanael than the other members of the Shuffle Alliance, and would probably let Nath get away with a LOT when he's young. Their relationship dwindles a bit as they both get older and Nath's interests take him elsewhere while Sai starts focusing more and more on continuing the teachings of the Xiaolin temple. Unclear whether Sai would teach him anything or not from that particular martial arts path.

Those are the rather important ones among canons, but the rest boil down to:

- Allenby is definitely the Favorite Aunt. Would probably also let him get away with a lot. She, Sai, and Marie-Louise are never allowed to babysit him as a trio.

- Nath has a lot of respect for Marie-Louise, and tends to remember his manners around her.

- Janet, Cath, Bunny, and Shirley aren't ones he interacts with frequently or on the regular, but he tends to be fairly polite around them. Takes more of an interest in learning from them as he gets older and starts working on gundam maintenance.

- Aunt Nastasha and Uncle Argo are intimidating enough he won't try pulling any shit around them, but damn if he isn't ready to try showing them he's not scared of them either. (Sure you aren't.)

- Uncle George probably can't stand him. That's fine, as Nathanael's of the opinion Uncle George needs to loosen the fuck up a bit.

Still kind of leaning towards the inclination that Sai wants to name him the Ace of Clubs ascendant, but is reluctant to. Can drop that thread if someone else would like to take the spot.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum